Get Connected! is a resource-based mentorship program of the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center (CBWCHC) Alumni Association. Program staff will facilitate the connection between individuals who want to share their academic and professional experiences (mentors) with those who are interested in learning about these experiences and receiving guidance (mentees). General focuses of mentoring may include:
- Graduate/professional school advice, including admissions process and hosting opportunities.
- Internship or volunteering opportunities.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Extracurricular activities.
Matches will be made on the basis of mentor and mentee goals, interests, and availability. The Alumni Association will pair individuals and provide mentorship guidelines.
- Choosing a career path in health care or other fields.
- Professional next steps or changes.
- Professional development (resume or cover letter writing, interview skills, board or volunteering opportunities).
- Networking and professional resources.
Not a member yet? Fill out this simple form.
- Mentors must be: 18 years or older, and an Alumni Association member OR a current CBWCHC employee.
- Mentees must be: 16 years or older and an Alumni Association member.
All participants must commit to the full duration of the 2017 program, January – June 2017. This includes:
- Mandatory training session/kick-off event (week of January 23)
- Monthly check-ins with your mentor/mentee
- Mid-program event
- Program evaluation (focus group, surveys)
Prospective participants should submit an application for consideration. The application deadline is 12PM on January 6, 2017. Program staff will contact applicants within 3-5 business days of submission. A phone interview may be conducted to discuss the applicant’s interests and goals. Individuals outside of the healthcare field are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee a match.
Email Michelle Chen at email@example.com.